Monday, September 03, 2012

Peace Train Holy Roller


"Now I've been crying lately, thinking about the world as it is
Why must we go on hating, why can't we live in bliss?

Cause out on the edge of darkness, there rides a peace train
Peace train take this country, come take me home again" 

Comment: I don't expect in my lifetime or any other projected lifetime there will be total peace and "bliss".

But I'm not dissuaded.

Violence is not an option in any cause.  Violence is a learned reasoning because life is uncertain, even fragile as is the permanent condition of being human.

Once I believed in the violence that cleansed like Fanon argued.  A holy violence he wrote in a shallow appreciation of the more complex understanding that jihad in Islam beckons. 

It, violence toward change that is, was and remains a delusional and forced view.

Now that I have uncaged my mind from colonial induced thinking I see that there is nothing more powerful than militancy defined by the balance of peace.

This realization becomes harder to practice when violence is not contained by descriptions of willful force but expanded to describe subjugation and poverty.

And perhaps even harder by another violence defined by an unsettled mind unbalanced by the negative forces of hate, regret, want, and turmoil.

The latter violence is detrimental in outcome and it defeats the overall purpose of balance.

To achieve balance one must live and love deeply I have been told.  Live not in chronological years but in terms of embracing life in the present and do so knowing the opposite(s) of all that is good.

On my way home from a long motorcycle ride today along the Oregon coast I saw a bumper sticker on a truck that resonated with me for the moment between clutching and changing.

It read very simply in white on a black background: "Now is all you have."

Indeed.  And peace is the way of revolution and change in personal and collective terms.

So seek balance grasshopper and join the peace train in your mind ;0)

I am ready to go home; "peace train ... come take me home again".

Onward!

No comments: