Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Mooi sues for Defamation??

My post below on Mooi was intended to flatter him. It seems rather that the brother is growing sensitive or senile, perhaps both, as we hit mid-life. I wish I could retract the nice things I have said about him but will leave this matter in the hands of his counsel, Mr. Karsan, (another Rhodes University miscreant) for now.


It does still however seem that Mooi may be out to save me, maybe all of us. His letter below motions a meeting with Sai Baba (pictured here) and a reading list. Ummmm, I just gave my students their reading orders for the final exam now Mooi orders me to to read about Jesus in Srinagar (see his email below). Like I said, it can only get weirder than 1986 ;)

I need to find Mooi a wife in India. He needs to settle down and raise some rugrats of his own. The boy has too much damn time on his hands. Sai Baba may be able to help. I wonder if he is listed in the greater Bangalore white pages?

As for his lawsuit, all I can say is: "Get in line for my rupees!" As of this writing, you need Indian Rs45 to buy one US $1. Mmmmmm, how much defamation do you think Mooi suffered? $1.50 maybe? Maybe he will settle. I'll even throw in a masala chai as an added bonus if he settles before coming to India.

But, as of now the matter is still unresolved. What follows is the offending email in which he refers to me as "Jwaks" (a loving term per chance?):

Subject: Re: Hello from Mooi
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 20:34:51 +0200


Jwaks

I have instructed Mr Karsen to issue an international summons against you for defamation. I hope they paying you in dollars in India to make it worth my while!

In addition to getting Darshan from Sai Baba we are going to Sringar to find the tomb of Jesus or Hesus. Then we will find the tomb of Moses. Then we will go to a little village outside Shrinagar to find the stone of Moses which levitates when eleven people touch it and shout Ka Ka! On the streets of Dehli you will find book sellers selling a book called: "Jesus lived in India" by Holger Korsten. That is your homework brother. I hope you have booked us onto a house boat in Shingar before it gets booked out. It is essential that you book immediately for Puttaparti as the place will be packed over Christmas as it is one of the rare times Sai Baba speaks. We will have to arrive there on 25 Dec before 10h00 as I dont know if the talk is in the morning or the afternoon Darshan.

Mooi

No comments: