Monday, January 29, 2007

Home


I am home and it feels really good to be inside 11 Reunert Street and hear the stories that are new.

Leaving India was not stressful except that my scheduled ride to the airport did not arrive at all. So I was somewhat unsettled but got to the airport on time. And, I was able to change all my rupees to dollars at the airport ... not legal but hey I guess if you ask nice ;)

At home I heard the disturbing news that my dad was robbed by three men at an ATM. They had a knife but he was able to escape without any injuries. He was able to hold on to his ATM card but lost all the money.

I am just so happy that he was not hurt. These kind of stories are everywhere in South Africa. Crime, crime, and mo'crime ..... but this is too close!

So, I am at a clunky internet cafe and can't be creative with this post. Well assuming that posts below were creative.

I miss you all and will keep posting here best I can. Also, I will answer emails. I say this because it is soooo hard to get broadband in SA ... hell it is hard even getting on the web.

But, it feels great in the sun. Man this is a beautiful country!

Peace and struggle,
Ridi

No comments: