Friday, June 08, 2007

"Thrilling"


Roger Federer has set a record by reaching an eighth consecutive grand slam final in Paris. Federer beat Russia's Nikolay Davydenko 7-5 7-6 7-6 in what a report says was a "thrilling" match on clay.

I'm gonna have to take their word for it 'cause even though they have a channel devoted to tennis here you would be hard pressed to watch coverage live and in a manner that is both logical and consistent.

Geez I never thought I would miss SuperSport so much. But I do and that is about the depth of my engagement here. In a very real sense being in the US is like being
cut-off from the rest of the world.


Last weekend I was relegated to reading about my boy Valentino Rossi winning MotoGP's Gran Premio d'Italiain in front of 85,480 fans. It was a historic moment for Rossi because it marked his 6th consecutive win at Mugello!

The Speed Channel carried the recorded version three days later.

This Sunday Rossi hits the track at Barcelona (Catalunya) where he has won a record 8 MotoGP races. I will have to read the results from Barcelona too because it is not carried anywhere on the 900 plus channels of fluff they got here. There won't even be a delayed broadcast. Dammit.

I'm in a crisis bra Cliff. And Angela is not helping any. She is a basketball/softball fan and is not interested in any of the 'other' unAmerican sport codes :(


Ummmmm .... Tony yo' boy Pedrosa set the fastest lap time at Catalunya. 1’43.099 on his Honda RC212V and I know you be smiling me compai. You are right? Don't give up on him man, Pedrosa is young with a lot of track in front of him still.


So I have just read that Nadal beat Serbia's Novak Djokovic 7-5 6-4 6-2. This means that it will be Nadal vs Federer at the French Open final on Sunday. I expect that it will be carried somewhere here. It will be a "thriller" no doubt and my bet is that Nadal gets the hat-trick. But if he loses I will be off-line for a month ;0)

Yeah that's what I'm thinking here bra Cliff. Nothing profound and nothing inspiring. Meet me at the airport in a couple of months when the weather in Kimberley should be really freezing. I'm about done already. Should have listened to whack-ass Mooi and his now Telkom Media big bra, Connie Molusi.

But some stuff does not change hey. And this dude below still gives me the f**king creeps. Where is the justice in this world? And who is he calling a terrorist?

No comments: