The march will unite the efforts of Palestinians, Arabs, Muslims, Christians, Jews, and all citizens of conscience in the world to put an end to Israel’s disregard for international law through the continuing occupation of Jerusalem and the rest of Palestinian land.
Stop the War Coalition is supporting the march and will be sending a delegation. As well as the march on Jerusalem, pickets and rallies are being organised outside Israeli Embassies across the world. The UK's Palestine Solidarity Campaign has called a mass protest and rally, supported by Stop the War, at the Israeli Embassy in London.
Global March to Jerusalem: Supporting Event
Mass Protest and Rally: Friday 30 March 5pm
Israeli Embassy Kensington High Street, London
For updates see Palestine Solidarity Campaign...
The participants in The Global March to Jerusalem assert the following:
• We assert the importance of Jerusalem politically, culturally and religiously to the Palestinian people and humanity as a whole. We call for the protection of the Holy Places and all archaeological sites and consider all the efforts done to change its Arabic & cultural identity as a crime against humanity. We call on all international institutions to do their duties towards the city.
• The defence of Jerusalem and its liberation are a duty of all free people around the world and we call on all institutions, organizations, and individuals to participate in this duty.
• We condemn the Zionist campaign of ethnic cleansing in Jerusalem and the rest of Palestine including all ongoing policies intended to change the demographic and geographic situation in the city and aimed at its Judaisation. We also condemn the continuation of the Zionist occupation forces in building the apartheid wall that aims to expropriate more Palestinian lands and convert the occupied areas into shrinking cantons isolated from each other.
• We support the right of the Palestinian People to liberate their lands and to live on them in freedom and dignity like all other people on earth.
• We support the non-negotiable & inalienable rights of the Palestinian People including their families to return to their homes and lands from which they were uprooted.
• We reject all racist laws that distinguish between people based on ethnicity or religion and call for their cancellation and criminalization.
• The Global March to Jerusalem does not represent any one faction or political party but we call for participation of all social forces, political factions, and ideologies.
• The Global March to Jerusalem is a global peaceful movement which does not use violence to achieve its goals.
The post above appears at Stop the War Coalition.
Address: 1B Waterlow Road, London N19 5NJ United Kingdom.
Telephone: 0207 561 9311
UPDATE (MARCH 30, 11:05 AM South Africa)
"Israel police, army on alert for mass Land Day demos" : The West Australian
"Palestinians set for Land Day demonstrations" : Al Jazeera.
"Why Land Day still matters" : Haaretz
FREE PALESTINE !!!