Saturday, March 24, 2012

Obama: ‘If I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon.’

President Barack Obama made a searingly personal plea on Friday for Americans to come together and do some "soul searching" after the shooting death of African-American Florida teenager Trayvon Martin by a neighborhood watchman, noting: "If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon."

"My main message is to the parents of Trayvon Martin. You know, if I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon. And you know, I think they are right to expect that all of us as Americans are going to take this with the seriousness it deserves and that we're get to the bottom of exactly what happened," Obama said in response to a shouted question in the White House Rose Garden.
Read the rest here.

*****
Comment: I guess the innocent kids Obomber kills with drones at parties, weddings, and funerals - despite the fact that they look a lot like his daughters - do not warrant a moment of moral reflection

I say this not to detract from the racist tragedy that has befallen Trayvon Martin.  May he rest in peace.

It just strikes me very odd that Obomber won't humanize the drone murder of scores of innocent brown/black children - but then again that would be highly unusual for any mass murderer.

Onward!

No comments: