Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12-12-12

According to a news report in RT there are folks who think the world will end today but some disagree:
Many doomsdayers believe 12/12/12 will be the end of the world, thanks to an interpretation of the Mayan calendar. But, most of the end-of-the-world believers are convinced that the actual doomsday is on 12/21/12, when the Mayan calendar is set to end. ...

In response to “end of the world” preparations taking place across the globe, the Astronomical Society of the Pacific has declared 12/12/12 “Anti-Doomsday Day,” in celebration of rational thinking and reasoned discourse.
I hope the world does not end today.  I have stuff to do and things to live for.  Yesterday my dentist did a root canal that has helped me see beyond pain again for the first time in a couple of months!

Yeah I know it was only tooth pain.

Geez but it was tooth pain made worse this past Friday when some aggrieved soul kicked out the rear-passenger window of my now soon to be 8 year old VW.

Tony and I spent a couple of hours at the cop shop in the early hours of Saturday morning for no real reason since even the attending cop informed us that not much would come from the police report.

My insurance company informed me yesterday that despite the popularity of my car the agents in the dust hole town I endure do not stock rear passenger glass for my car.

So my faithful baby is locked up in my garage even as the world may end.  If the world does indeed press on the dealer will install a new window on Friday.

That aside.  There are two interesting facts pointed out in the RT article quoted above that drew my attention.  Here they are:
* Palindrome lovers will rejoice in the fact that at 1:21:02 am, they can celebrate the second which marks a date-time combination which will be read the same both backwards and forwards. 2012-12-12 1:21:02 = 201212-1-212102.

 ** According to Chinese numerology, the number one is a yang number which is ruled by the sun and represents independence and individualism. Two is a yin number which is ruled by the moon and represents symmetry and balance. When placed together, the number 12 brings harmony to the yin and yang, balancing the feminine energy of the moon with the masculine energy of the sun. So, what we can gather is that 12/12/12 equals lots of harmony.
I guess in the big and real scheme of things the most significant fact of this date is to be found in this revelation also offered by RT:
*** December 12, 2012 is exactly 6 years, 6 months, 6 days from
June 6, 2006, or 06/06/06.
There is no compelling reason why I am drawn to June 6.  Well other than the fact that it is the day after my birthday and I just met this smokin' woman in the gym who celebrates her birthday on the day.  She is anything but the 666.

And yep I have her other digits too.  ;0)

Oh oh I should mention that my little girl Maya is feeling a lot better today.  The past few days have been worrisome and for a few moments I thought she was poised for that journey to the big pet cemetery in the sky.

But thankfully life is still on for my dog child.  Well that is if the world does not end today or on the 21st!

Did I tell you my pain medication has just about worn off?

Not good.  

I hope they have Vikaden in hell ...

Onward!

No comments: