Sunday, May 05, 2013

First and Last Continuous Replay

You know how a song can stick in your head and play over and over again despite your best efforts to expel it from your internal play list?

Often it can happen the last thing at night right about the time you turn in or the first thing in the morning right about the time you flick through channels while getting ready for yet another fun packed Sunday next to the big hole in the ground.

OK so this morning I walked through our family TV room into the adjacent kitchen and this song was playing as the closing credits to some movie from the late 80s was running down.  I remember the song as a theme to a TV show I watched in re-runs during my early years in Baltimore.

And now, "believe it or not" I can't get it to stop playing in my head:

"Believe it or not,
I'm walkin' on air,
I never thought I could feel so free;
Flyin' away on a wing and a prayer.
Who could it be?
Believe it or not, it's just me."

Help.  I'm caught in 1981, again.  But it ain't all bad now is it?  :0)

Onward!

Ps. Whatever happened to Joey by the way?  Is he still "on top of the world"?

No comments: