Saturday, December 23, 2006

Mooi and Me at Swiss Hotel in Kashmir


Mooi (now known as Sheik Yasin) and me made it to Kashmir where the temperature is three degrees in the sun. We were not prepared at all. I began to freeze about two seconds after getting off the plane in Srinagar. But thanks to Rouf Rashid of Swiss Hotel I was made to feel warm and very welcome. He assured me that my body would adjust to the cold. I kept thinking that it was 34c in Malaysia. But Rouf was right. I got used to the cold and sleeping with a hot-water bottle or two. I found myself cuddling a hot-water bottle. Now ain't that just pathetic?


So I wanted to post to my blog from Srinagar but for some reason the post would not ... ummm, post. We played around with Rouf's computer and this is a webcam picture of him.


This is Rouf's younger brother Zahid. He is a patient brother who put up with Sheik Yasin's requests to find Jesus and Moses in Kashmir.

As I edit this post (we are now in Puttaparti) Mooi is across the road listening to Sai Baba give his Christmas address. I stuck around for a minute or three but left after I realized my boots were in Delhi. Know what I mean? In Srinagar my brother Zahid was calm and collected as Mooi repeatdly visited a shrine that he says is where Jesus is buried. I will tell you later what happened when we went to see a stone that belonged to Moses.


I had a ball hanging with Rouf and Zahid. They went out of their way to make us feel like we were at home. These are two very intelligent brothers who schooled me on an array of issues. So, I wholeheartedly recommend Swiss Hotel when you travel to Kashmir (Srinagar). These are their contact emails:
swisshotelkashmir@sancharnet.in

swisshotelkashmir@yahoo.co.in

I really don't know how long I will stay with Mooi in Puttaparti. This is an important religious experience for him but you know how I roll. I wish instead we were just jolling (a SA term) .... ;0)




See Sheik Yasin's haircut! The man wanted to appear like a real pilgrim ... and he had razor burns too. I respect the brother. It is cool to hang with someone I have know for 21 years ...! And we are still friends, well sorta ;0)

Peace to all of you. Happy holidays and may next year be a great one for freedom and justice. I am well and I hope you are too!

Ridwan
Kashmir/Puttaparti

1 comment: