Saturday, July 07, 2012

What Murray Must do to Beat Federer

I have been reading the usual tennis pundits to gain some insight on tomorrow's Wimbledon final between Roger Federer and Andy Murray.

The comment that struck me the best was a comment underneath a Guardian article.  It is priceless and I think it is not too far from the truth.

KingEricNo7 wrote on 7 July 2012 11:37AM:
"Things Murray must do to win? Easy, Murray needs to beat Federer in the changing room. Preferably repeatedly with a racket (sic) ☺"
Beaut huh?

A lot is being made of the fact that Murray is the first Brit to make a Wimbledon Final in 74 years.

At the same time a lot less attention is paid to the fact that in the lady's final today Agnieszka Radwanska is the first Polish player to make a Wimbledon final in 75 years.  In fact, she is the first Polish player to ever make any grand slam final.

I bet this amazing achievement is still not enough to get Gilles Simon to watch the ladies final huh?

Onward!

Ps. I am totally aware that tennis is a bourgeoisie sport.  I plead for leniency ;0)

No comments: