Friday, July 15, 2011

A "Quiet Storm"

It's late and time for that other place of separation.  I mentioned a "quiet storm" below and thought hey what the hell its been four years since.

In 2007 I was making my way back from a trip to southeast Asia and stopped in Dubai for a couple of days.

I had completely stopped listening to music after a troubled heartbreak in the previous year but stopped into a music store at the airport and bought Corinne Bailey Rae's debut 2006 album.

I used four different currencies to buy the CD.  I was excited.  A new beginning to listening again.  

There were a few rave reviews I had read and the woman is simply beautiful to look at.  Still is.

I did not expect much but it turned out to be one of my most favorite CDs, ever.  I stopped listening to music again just a year or so after purchasing the CD and I have just started up again so it is like new to me again.

I need to catch up and play guitar again.  There is no life without good music hey?

The cut below cuts close.  If you have ever loved someone and had to let go because the relationship consumed you well then you know the story.

Relationships get ill you know.  And toxic too.  But you won't know how deep it can cut "till it happens to you".  


It used to feel like heaven
Used to feel like may
I used to hear those violins playing heart strings like a symphony
Now they've gone away
Nobody wants to face the truth
But you wont believe what love can do
Till it happens to you

Sleep well and Onward!

No comments: